SSP-1750 Closed apparently didn't fix this one completely. E.g. pick a student in the demo data and modify their record to move their person record out of the way, then change their external_person.school_id to a value that won't match what uPortal expects. This mimics a situation where a deployer can't map schoolId out of AD, just username. First time login for such a student can result in MyGPS, for example, rendering in anonymous mode. Or for a coach it can result in clobbering of the SSP session such that the SSP portlet doesn't render or randomly errors out after rendering.
To reproduce locally, I did this:
Then I tried impersonating jjohnson215 and I would get an anonymous MyGPS UI. The stack trace on the server:
A successful fix won't necessarily eliminate all stack traces, but will result in the UI rendering correctly and will result in a new person record _with person.school_id sourced from external_person.school_id, not the uPortal account, i.e. person.school_id should be 'jjohnson215bar' in the example above.